Creating Jobs & Boosting Employability: Budget 2021
- November 18, 2020
- Posted by: Christina C
- Category: Digital Transformation
Over 200,000 jobs available in 2021
The nation was once again challenged by an evident economic downturn post-pandemic, resulting in the closure of about 32,000 SMEs, and over 562 million Malaysians losing jobs and source of income.
In efforts to facilitate the restructuring of the economy, and to aid the employability of those affected by the pandemic, the government has several plans in store that would benefit both job seekers and employers.
Penjana Kerjaya Incentive (Hiring Incentive)
Continuation of the hiring incentive programme under PERKESO, which is now known as PenjanaKerjaya.
For those employed under the PenjanaKerjaya, the maximum training rate which can be claimed by employers will be increased from RM4000 to RM7000 to enable workers to take up high skilled training and professional certifications.
To ensure the success of these PenjanaKerjaya initiatives, a total of RM2 billion will be allocated, which is expected to increase the employment opportunities for 200,000 job-seekers.
Courses available for Malaysian individuals who have successfully gotten jobs after 15th of June includes:
- Android Certified Associate Developer
- Artificial Intelligence for Business Executives
- Blockchain Certified Associate Developer
- Certified Cyber Security Specialist
- Certified Data Science Specialist
- Certified Digital Marketing Specialist
- Certified Internet of Things Specialist
- Certified Python Programmer for Data Science
- Certified R Programmer for Data Science
- Introduction to Deep Learning with NVIDIA GPUs
- iOS Certified Associate Developer
Reskilling and Upskilling
The existing reskilling and upskilling programs will also be continued with a total allocation of RM1 billion that will be benefiting 200,000 trainees.
RM100 million will go to the Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) to implement training in collaboration with private-sector employers.
If you are part of a privately-owned organization, learn how you can benefit from these funds by dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill up the enquiry form on any of our courses to be contacted.
Courses available under the HRDF SBL-Khas funding scheme includes:
- Certified Data Science Specialist (CDSS)
- Certified Python Programmer for Data Science (CPPDS)
- Certified R Programmer for Data Science (CRPDS)
- Certified Internet of Things Specialist (CIOTS)
- Android Certified Associate Developer (ACAD)
- Blockchain Certified Associate Developer (BCAD)
- Certified Cyber Security Specialist (CCSS)
- Certified Digital Marketing Specialist (CDMS)
- Deep Learning Foundation Certification (DLC)
- iOS Certified Associate Developer (ICAD)
To encourage Malaysians to upskill and venture into a new area of employment, the scope of relief for tuition fee is to be expanded to cover expenditures incurred for attending up-skilling courses provided by certified bodies limited to RM1,000 for each year of assessment.
View all courses offered by iTrain here and register your interest by filling up the enquiry form on your preferred certification and training.
Feel free to reach the iTrain team at +6012-798 0072 / +6012 – 798 0622 via call or WhatsApp, or simply email us at email@example.com to know how these certification can aid in landing your preferred jobs.