Meditation for Parents
Start:October 10, 2020 10:00 am
End:October 10, 2020 5:00 pm
Location:iTrain Kids @ 1Utama New Wing
About this Workshop
Monkey See, Monkey Do! Observational learning is influential in the development of your children. Children can learn things simply by observing others.
As a parent, you are an inspiration to your kids. What you do, say and intend is absorbed by your children to build their future beliefs and behaviours. How do we offer our children our best self to support their development? In this workshop, parents will be provided a safe space to learn how we can best guide our children in discovering their own ‘happiness button’.
Since the journey for our children starts with us; we need to be equipped with tools to ensure we bring out our best self. Meditation is one such tool that can be easily integrated into your daily life. Together, let’s raise the next generation of kind and compassionate human beings.
In this workshop you will experience:
- How our emotions transfer to our children’s emotions and how to positively regulate a child experiencing an emotional breakdown.
- A variety of different meditation practices to achieve focus, greater mental clarity, emotional awareness and managing emotional triggers.
- Journaling exercises to help understand your own relationship with yourself and your child.
- Positively impact your interactions with your child through communication.
Komal Chopra Jodha | Meditation Teacher, Mindfulness Trainer & Mental Health Coach
Originally from the US, Komal is a Search Inside Yourself Certified Teacher (Experiential Mindfulness & Emotional Intelligence program developed at Google) . After her digital marketing career she started her family and quickly realized how easy it was to lose herself to the daily stressors of life as a mother. After going down a path of self-discovery, Komal realized that meditation was the answer to many of life’s challenges. Her light bulb moment was when she discovered that she owned the key to her own happiness, and was the best person to guide her children in discovering the key to their happiness.
Komal works with teachers, parents and students to help guide them down a path of self-awareness and self-regulation; using mindfulness as the foundation. Her genuine and realistic approach to meditation creates an easiness in which anyone can learn and move from being reactive to responsive.
- New Micro-credentials to Transform Non-Tech Graduates into Tech Professionals
- This Is The Perfect Time to Upskill. Are Your Skills Relevant Enough for Hire?
- iTrain’s Initiative Helped Over 1,000 Teachers Shift Classes Online
- iTrain Wins ASOCIO ICT Award as Top ICT Education Provider in 2019
- How Getting Certified Increases Pay by 16%