Personal Data Protection Act Notice
At iTrain (M) Sdn Bhd (“iTrain”, “us”, “we”, “our”), and our Group of companies, we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (“PDPA”). This Policy explains:
- The type of personal data we collect and how it’s collected
- How we process and use the personal data provided by you
- What we “don’t” do with your data to protect your interest
- How to access and update your personal data
- Data Collected
1.1. Personal Data includes information such as your name, email address, phone, gender, identification number or passport number, address, company name, company registration number, job position, job level or job function.
1.2. Your Personal Data is collected from various sources including but not limited to:
- Enquiring about a certification training, course, open day, workshop or event that we’re running
- Purchasing and using our services
- Requesting program information and obtaining course schedule updates
- Free usage of our services
- Purpose of Collecting of Personal Data
2.1. We collect your Personal Data in order to:
- communicate with you; and/or
- where relevant, marketing of our Service and sending any updates, new features, special offers, promotional material to you; and/or
- to invite you to attend special events; and/or
- to perform statistical analysis; and/or
- to conduct research on planning, training, services, security and testing; and/or
- for any other purpose related to our operations, administration, management, development, record-keeping, contractual enforcement of the transaction and communication with you; and/or
- where required by law, where iTrain considers that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or where iTrain suspects that the legal fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and/o
- to prepare or submit any claims or payments to any party for any audit/checks by any party for whatever purpose related to iTrain’s business; and/or
- for purposes connected with iTrain’s rights to pursue legal and financial advice, taking any preliminary steps or commencing any legal action; and/or
- to make such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law in order to process your personal data, your consent is required. If you do not consent to the processing of your personal data for the above stated purpose (“Purposes”), we cannot process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
3.1. Your information provided to us will be kept confidential, however to facilitate the purposes above and the provision of our service to you, we may process and use your Personal Data
3.2. We do not share your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to
- Comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court order or legal processes; or
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the organisation and its group of companies
- What happens when you don’t provide sufficient Personal Data
4.1. In the event sufficient Personal Data isn’t supplied, we may not be able to provide the full range of benefits and services to you as set out in Section 2.
- Access or Update your Personal Data
5.1. Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by us on payment of a prescribed fee and to request correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
5.2. If you have any queries regarding this PDP Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the company for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes set out as above, you may send your request in writing at the following address (Section 6 below).
- Contact us for your Personal Data
6.1. if you have any feedback, inquiries or complaints in respect to your personal data by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
6.2. if you wish to cease receiving any marketing materials, promotions and information on our Services and other products from iTrain.
6.3. if you would like us to stop processing your personal data.
- Changes to Personal Data Protection Notice
7.1. We reserve the right to amend this PDP Notice from time to time without prior notice. We advise that you check this Notice on our website regularly to stay updated.
- Personal Data Protection Act 2010
8.1. Visit the following URL to find out more about the Personal Data Protection Act 2010: