R is a programming language that is well-known for its power in statistical computing. The use of R in data science enables insights from data to be extracted, and these insights allow companies to get ahead of their competitors. This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of R language, with a specific focus on how it can be used in Data Science. You’ll gain knowledge on how to gather data, and what you can do to work with it, starting from reading and writing, to manipulation and visualisation. Databases, the means by which data is stored, and Structured Query Language (SQL), the language that is used to interact with the database, will be covered as well. You’ll also be exposed to a wide range of topics including Big Data and its real-world applications, supervised learning, predictive analytics, exploratory data analysis, basic statistics, logistic regression, and data mining.
- Understand R language fundamentals, including basic syntax, variables, and types.
- Create functions and use control flow.
- Read and write data in R.
- Work with data in R.
- Create and customize visualizations using ggplot2.
- Perform predictive analytics using R.
- Get exposure on the applications of R.
- Perform data manipulation using R.
- Use various techniques to import data.
- Understand exploratory data analysis.
- Learn the basics of statistics and logistic regression.
- Understand clustering techniques, regression, and classification in data mining.
Who Should Attend & Prerequisites
This workshop is intended for individuals who are interested in learning data science, or who want to begin their career as a data scientist. All participants should have familiarity with data analytics in SAS or similar statistical software package and basic machine learning concepts.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN: DAILY SCHEDULE
Beginner to Intermediate (4 days)
Advanced (3 days)
“Learned something new and discovered more than expected.”
Chuo Sing Bic, IT Manager, Redtone International Berhad
“Learned to manipulate R language that can build charts from zero, my objectives were met!”
Heng Jin Wei, Manager, Globalknox Sdn Bhd
“Great trainer as he explained the concept in detail and provided examples.”
Sharifah Fazlinda, Assistant Manager, Sime Darby Holdings Berhad
“Learned something new to apply to my job. Yes it is fulfilling!”
Ch’ng Ping Choon, Senior Engineering Specialist Manager, Measat Satellite Systems
YOUR QUESTIONS, ANSWERED.
Students will be given a Certificate of Attendance after successfully completing the course.
You bet it is! Our Certification Body for this course is iTrain Asia Pte Ltd, the region’s top Certifications Tech Provider headquartered in Singapore, with branch offices in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
● Explain data science concepts and grasp the basics of R language
● Apply fundamentals of R language to a list of practical problems related to data science
This is a 4-day course for Beginner to Intermediate level and a 3-day course for Advanced level at an instructor-led training centre.
Computers are provided for iTrain students. However participants can also use their own computers as long as it’s installed with the necessary applications.