|In Collaboration With|
Short for the Internet of Things, IoT refers to the ever-growing network of physical objects that are connected to the Internet, and the communication that occurs between these objects and other Internet-enabled devices and systems (IoT universe). IoT is predicted to bring more than 30 billion connected devices online by year 2020 that are collecting, sharing and acting on data between themselves. But how can organisations, technologists or businesses leverage on the significant technologies that are bringing on the much-talked about fourth industrial revolution (4IR)? Our IoT course will give you a glimpse into the future of the Internet of Things by helping students understand its potential for groundbreaking innovation, and how the technology can radically impact the lives of billions of people, and the world economy. Students will learn all about the underlying technology that powers IoT, as well as the challenges that come with the implementation of such technology.
Real World Field Learning, in Partnership with MIMOS
Learning is further reinforced by exposure to real-life examples of commercially available IoT devices. In partnership with MIMOS, our CIoTS courses will be conducted at MIMOS Berhad centre in Technology Park Malaysia. Known as the national applied R&D centre for IoT development that facilitates research and swift deployment of actual IoT applications and services, trainees will be exposed to practical applications of IoT at the MIMOS lab and a truly grounded experiential learning experience!
Course Objectives include:
1) Introduction to the core concepts of IoT, role and scope of smart sensors for insuring convergence of technologies and multidisciplinary engineering practices, wireless sensor networks, machine learning / data analytics and cloud computing; 2) Understand the IoT Open innovation platform, and hardware platforms and operating systems commonly used in IoT systems; 3) Understand big data predictive analytics and transformation from IT to IOT; 4) Gain an awareness of IoT security and opportunities.
Who Should Attend & Prerequisites:
Highly applicable for: IT/IS Executives & Managers, Project Managers, Technology Planners, Consultants & System Integrators, IT Technical Services Specialists, IT Architects, Business Process Owners, Risk Management Employees, Cloud Operations Engineers, Senior Cloud Operations Engineers, Business / Data Analysts, Operations Research Analysts. Prerequisites: Preferably minimum 2 years of experience in software development, business domain or data/business analysis. However, if you do not have any of the following experiences, you can still consider taking up the course.
IoT Course Outline
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN: DAILY SCHEDULE
Day 1: IoT Fundamental and Ecosystem
- Latest updates in the IoT industry
- Available IoT alliances details and the standards that are getting evolved
- Multiple IoT applications and solutions available in market
- Multiple IoT platform ( hardware) example ARM Mbed, Intel, Free scale etc., comparison and usage
- Multiple IoT software and cloud platform, Components of a Platform, Usage, comparison. IoT eco systems build around these platforms.
- DMi-MIST IoT Platform- platform and our experience about IoT platform building
- Details about your Mi-MIST IoT Platform
- End2End Cold Chain IoT Middleware Demo – Mi-MIST IoT Platform
Day 2 IoT Cloud and Analytics
“Very useful for anyone to embrace IoT as a business or in-house company project.”
Chong Wee Hong, Manager, Pegasus Automation
“Good to keep up with emerging IoT technologies.”
Mohd Ismi Aswaly, Chairman, Politeknik Kota Kinabalu
“Up to date and on demand digital market training and knowledge.”
Shafiq Iqbal Bin Mohamad, Biz Operation & Digitalization Manager, VFAS Venture Sdn Bhd
“My favourite part of the training was the real life working examples shown by the trainer, so we could visualize how to apply the knowledge in the real world.”
Koh Lay Seong, Senior Software Developer, Tranglo Sdn Bhd.
“Excellent! Detailed learning content.”
Idawaty Ahmad, Senior Lecturer, UPM.
YOUR QUESTIONS, ANSWERED.
You bet it is! Our Certification Body for this course is iTrain Asia Pte Ltd, the region’s top Certifications Tech Provider headquartered in Singapore, with branch offices in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
● Explain what is the Internet of Things
● Understand how Internet of Things devices interact together & with users
● Learn about the protocols used by Internet of Things devices
● Discover the different platforms that are available to develop applications
● Learn about commercially available devices that are already using the Internet of Things
● Understand the current challenges of the Internet of Things
● Visual Analytics, predictive analytics with IoT
The main objectives for being a Certified IoT Specialist are:
● Introduction to the core concepts of IoT, role and scope of smart sensors for insuring convergence of technologies and multidisciplinary engineering practices, wireless sensor networks, machine learning/data analytic and cloud computing
● Understand the IoT Open innovation platform and hardware platforms and operating systems commonly used in IoT systems
● Understand big data predictive analytics and transformation from IT to IOT
● Gain an awareness of IoT security and opportunities
This is a 3-day course at an instructor-led training centre. The CIoTS exam Exam Duration is 1 Hour, consisting of 25 Multiple Choice Questions, with a Passing Score of 70%. You will receive professional CIoTS Certification upon Passing the Exam.
Anyone who is keen to learn more in-depth about IoT and the real applications of IoT in businesses today.
Yes, participants should bring their own laptops to class as they will not be provided with one.